PERI PERI CHICKEN RECIPE
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
500 grams free range, peri peri chicken thigh fillets
8 cups baby spinach, mixed salad leaves (or lettuce of choice)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 red onions, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
¼ cup fresh sweet basil leaves (Thai Basil works well too)
Sprinkle of salt
8 slices of fresh pineapple (canned in natural juice if fresh is not available)
Lime wedges to serve
1. Add a drizzle of olive or coconut oil to the pan and add the chicken with the marinade and sear on both sides.
2. Cover the pan and cook chicken, turning after every two minutes or so, until browned on both sides and cooked through.
3. Remove, allow to rest and keep warm. Reserve the remaining juices/sauce left over from the chicken in the pan into a separate small bowl.
4. Drizzle a small amount of oil onto the same pan, and grill pineapple rings on both sides until caramelised
5. Combine all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss them until mixed through. Sprinkle salt over the top (adjust to your tastes), and toss again.
6. Place the cooked chicken on top along with the pineapple rings, tomatoes, green onions, avocado and basil. Drizzle reserved juices from the pan over the salad with extra olive or coconut oil (if needed).
Make sure your pan or BBQ is not too hot when you cook the chicken otherwise you will burn your delicious peri peri marinade.